Monday, September 18, 2006

Reasons Why You Should Apparate

The Associated Press reports that author J.K. Rowling recently won an argument with airport security officials in New York City to bring the manuscript of the final Harry Potter book onto a plane as carry-on baggage. She had been in New York for the charity reading at Radio City Music Hall in early August, and flew home after security was tightened later that month. Had security officials not relented, she might not have flown, she wrote on her Web site. "I don't know what I would have done if they hadn't; sailed home probably," she wrote.



"I refused to be parted from the manuscript of book seven," she added. "A large part of it is handwritten, and there was no copy of anything I had done while in the U.S. They let me take it on, thankfully, bound up in elastic bands."


Rowling also wrote that she was still going back and forth between two titles for her last Harry Potter novel. "I was quite happy with one of them until the other one struck me while I was taking a shower in New York," she said. "They would both be appropriate, so I think I'll have to wait until I'm further into the book to decide which one works best."

What was she going to do, paper cut someone to death? Shoot someone’s eye out with an elastic band?

No comments: