Monday, September 18, 2006

Feeling a Little Green

As if you needed a reason to avoid spinach...

Turns out there's a
nationwide outbreak of E. coli traced to fresh spinach. Of course, this annoucement is made during one of the few times I have a fresh bag in the fridge, just waiting to become my dinner salad.

I sit and ponder the bag.
$3.
Brand new.
$3.
Dole, one of the brands traced to the outbreak.
$3.
Bought in Wisconsin, one of the states where two people have died.
$3.
Dated in the danger zone.
$3.

In healthy adults, E. coli can cause bloody diarrhea and dehydration. This could cause me to lose ten pounds. And really, isn't that what I bought the spinach for?

Yum!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

i've had e-coli, you can keep it.

i threw my organic spinach out. :-(

Get A Life! said...

You skinny people get all the breaks.

KaneCitizen said...

Excellent Popeye image.

Lady Zeuss said...

You are evil, definitely evil -- heck, I can't criticize -- when I was diagnosed with cancer, I was looking forward to "Instant Diet" and the possibility of becoming a B-cup again..... Oh, well.....