Tuesday, September 19, 2006

O, I’m Positive


As I mentioned with the whole spinach post, I really do need to eat healthier and drop a few pounds. Who doesn’t? Or rather who doesn’t that isn’t in total denial?
(I’m talking to YOU Mary-Kate and Kate Moss and anyone else named Kate consuming less than 800 calories a day by choice.*)

Anyhoo, I come across this website that shows all the different types of diets so you can ‘choose the one that fits your lifestyle’. Let’s see… that would be the Nicole Richie diet – eating to gain 40 pounds. I like that one.

So there’s the Atkins diet, the low-fat diet, the Hollywood Diet, the South Beach Diet, the Paris Diet, the Blood Type Diet

Yep. The blood type diet. Based on your blood type, you get to eat (or avoid) certain foods.

(I just knew I had chubby platelets)

Bet there’s all kinds of Mayo Clinic data backing this one up. Soooo… let’s see – I’m O Positive. Says here I can’t have Ice Cream, Cola or Coffee. Are they nuts? Furthermore, are there other foods? Because besides those three, I really can’t name any I’ve had lately.

I asked Mr. Right what his blood type was. I figured he was O+ as well, since it’s a pretty common type. “No”, he says. “I think I’m B. Or A?”
Let me tell you, this procrastinating perfectionist can’t be anything but an A+++ even in blood type. So as a universal donor, I’ve most likely got him covered. Given the fact that he seems to get injured far more than I do, he should be grateful he married someone with a handy donor type.


*Oh, I can see it now. All the scrawny bulimics spamming me to say their disease is not a choice. And the emails will be about 5,000 words long because that would burn more calories. Who wants fat fingers? Skinny ones work just as well to induce vomiting.

2 comments:

BendingPeak said...

Gotta love all the diets out there. Stick with what you like.
I LOVE the last little statement you made, its nice for you to throw that in there just for good measure.

Unknown said...

I'm A positive person. I'm also positive that web site is confusing.