Thursday, August 10, 2006

Unfriendly Skies




After hearing about the evil terrorist plot foiled in Great Britain, I must admit the thought of flying is not appealing. The next time I want to go to California I’ll do something safer, like hitchhike.

I don’t know about you, but I’ve got a car that does 0 to 60 ($) in under 18 gallons!

So I’m at the gas station yesterday (With the RSX) and this tattooed guy in his 20’s yells out “I Love You” to me as his buddy drives them away in a junky old white sedan. “So buy my gas!” I yell back. No such luck. They didn’t return. Nothing says serious commitment like a tank of Super Plus.

I’m in the grocery store and there’s this big sale on fruit. So here’s this white trash couple picking out nectarines to place in their heaping cart while the woman chops on a baseball-sized peach. I wanted to go up and say to her, “Are you just going to have them weigh you at the checkout?” but they looked too scary. I mean, a grape, OK. A peach? No.

Oliver Sponge? Heard there’s nary a conspiracy in the new 9/11 film by Oliver “getting soft and sensitive in my old age” Stone. Boring! I’m not going. Now Snakes on a Plane… That’s got some potential. I can see me and Louise laughing though that one and yelling out, “That’s not poisonous!” or “Snakes don’t do that!”, etc. Why didn’t they use any spitting cobras? Now there’s a fun reptile to provoke!

Forget Snakes on a Plane. How about a movie "Al Qaeda on a Plane?" Now that’s scary. Let’s face it, we’re still sitting ducks as many other countries don’t do checks or could be sympathetic to terrorist causes. I don’t want to see carry-on bags outlawed. That’s just letting those terrorists win!



1 comment:

The dykes next door said...

I have a question. What kind of snakes are there supposed to be on this plane?

We had a scare at my school last May, I think it was the day before we let out for summer. A HUGE rat snake came from nowhere and went up in some bushes. The counselor came out to see what all of the commotion was, and when we described the snake, she said, "Well, they change color to be able to hide." I told her that snakes did not change color. Lizards do, but not snakes. If they changed color, how do we use their colors to identify them? She said that she had read that "on the internet". Well, everyone knows that if you see it on the internet it has to be true.