Monday, August 21, 2006

Triassic, Jurassic, Cutlery…









So it’s come down to this: wiggling a spoonful of peas in front of a lizard. Just who domesticated whom here? I’ve always contended my bearded dragons Puffy and Flame (pictured) couldn’t survive one night in the wilderness without a big pink hand to feed them. However, I must admit to causing the problem by trying to entice them to eat by hand-feeding. It seems we all enjoy it. Watermelon? Yes. Lime? No. Got a dirty look on the lime. But they ate a lemon once, with no qualms. Green Beans? Yes. Yellow Squash? Not so much.

4 comments:

KaneCitizen said...

...who domesticated whom...

The dykes next door said...

Awww! What color is Flame? The coloration is beautiful! Roscoe is such a plain dragon, but he's very sweet. And what color is Puffy? Are they both males? Are they housed together? I have a bunch of questions, don't I? I would love to have more dragons, but don't really have the room. Maybe one day I'll have my pack of bad little dogs and room full of bearded dragons. (since I can't ever have another snake...I'll settle for a dragon)

Unknown said...

here lizard lizard lizard

since i had no luck domesticating you, and it certainly seems as though mr. right has had no luck either, what is the lizard secret?

p.s. chicago trip may be upcoming

Get A Life! said...

Yes, I did pause and wonder if a whom belonged, yet didn't use it! Thanks for the correction!

Anyone visiting Chicago, let me know!!

I'm not sure, but it looks as if Flame has some Sandfire in his ancestry. He was a 'rescue' and I know nothing about his past. Puffy is much lighter, goes from white to tan, Flame has flecks of orange and is darker, turning almost walnut like in the photo. They share a large enclosure and seem to get along fine despite the fact they may both be males (not totally sure, and if all is well I wouldn't separate them).