Thursday, August 03, 2006

Sounds Fishy


Baros Splenden



I think the heat wave has broken here, much to the delight of my friends and coworkers. Seems the folks at work have a new nickname for me, Bakey. (I like to bask and bake in the heat, thus Bake-ee).

Indy the weather fish predicted the storm that broke the heatwave. After the untimely demise of Nemo, I went to Evil Mart and bought Indy. I buy tropical fish at mass-market outlets because I figure if the neglect there hasn’t killed them, not much else will. I can’t tell you how many precious pampered professional aquarium store fish have bit the dust 72 hours after purchase. You know, right after their little ‘warranty’ has elapsed.

Anyhoo, I named him Indy as he’s an attractive indigo blue and it was the weekend of the Indianapolis 500. Soon I realized he was barometrically-tuned to exhibit frisky behavior before a big storm. As my friend Martha pointed out, he’s an Indi-cator fish. Ha! Cute.

1 comment:

The dykes next door said...

He is gorgeous! I usually kill those in record time, but amazingly, I had one in my classroom two years ago that actually lasted one whole year and part of another one. I hope yours lasts much longer! Especially since he's an Indi-cator!