Friday, May 04, 2007

Save Us, Inky Doku

As a Procrastinating Perfectionist, Al loves doing puzzles, or, well, anything beyond something productive. At first it was just the Jumble. Bugs me to death that he’s so damn good at it. While I’m still unscrambling the first word, he’s done. And the paper is facing me.

Now he’s discovered Sudoku.

A little late to the party, but that’s to be expected from a procrastinator.

He fills them all in perfectly, no little crossout numbers, no little ‘mistake scribbles’. Perfectly. In pen. In black ink. Because he won’t use blue.

Now, I’m not sure how this particular super-power is going to save the world, but trust that it is. I’ve taken to calling him Inky-Doku. Wouldn’t that make an awesome Manga character?

Help! Inky Doku! There’s a crazed serial killer on the loose!

What areas of the city has he struck in?

Well, there’s one body on Third Street, four bodies on Ninth Street, and eight bodies on Fifth Avenue…

I’ve got it! The next attack will be at First Avenue!

How do you know, Inky Doku?

It’s the only place that hasn’t been used South of Matrix Boulevard.

Awww! Thank you Inky Doku! You’ve saved us!!

No problem. It’s my Sixth Sense.

I have to go put blue refill cartridges in all the pens now. He's asleep.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe he puts up with your Evilness....