Monday, January 08, 2007

Reading, Watching

Read a children’s book (in Dec 2006, doesn’t make The Count) Call Me Hope by Gretchen Olsen. It addresses the topic of verbal abuse. I had a mixed reaction. It’s an important topic for young people to be aware of, but there were some aspects of the story that were weak. I also didn’t care for the whole Anne Frank thing. The central problem was well represented, however. C+

Still working on Crossroads and Monstrous Regiment.

Saw Pirates of the Caribbean 2. Good, but not great. This has to be the biggest, longest, most expensive commercial for Movie 3 ever produced, and thus ultimately unsatisfying.

Low B-

Cinderella Man. An Irish boxer who in the course of a two hour movie has exactly one beer and cheats on his wife never? File this one under Fantasy. Moving story, nice thought. Could he have been that great a guy? Over all, good entertainment. B.

Monk, the First Season

I LOVE this show!! A-
I love Tony and the whole concept. Al says it reminds him of me! My budding OCD traits are the ‘orderly’ and ‘germaphobe’ thing, so I agree! Highly recommended!

No comments: