Sunday, January 07, 2007

Blog A Day

As you may have recalled, I asked for calendars this year as a Christmas gift. But just to hedge my bets, I bought a few of them myself, just to be sure. What does your calendar say about you? Tell me what calendar you have. Why?

My friend Martha loves ones with flowers or serene scenes to put up at work for a calming effect.
Kane Citizen has Escher-a-Day this year at his work station. I gave out a Cubs calendar to my girlfriend the sports nut, and a horse calendar for the one who loves all things equine. Louise gave me a great one, Anne Taintor. * It’s these retro pictures she sardonically captions with things like: it would of course, have to look like an accident and she had not yet decided whether to use her power for good or for evil.

So this year I have:

Corvette A Day – why do I keep buying these? They suck! This year’s is defective in some strange way. There’s this little plastic tray whereby the pad is propped up with a picture frame back to sit upon your desk. This stupid thing has the prop UPSIDE DOWN and therefore there is no way to place it vertically. The pad is stuck to the tray and even ripping it out and turning it over doesn’t work (tried that) since the tray is built with a ledge on one side only. Sucks. It’s at home by this computer. D+

The Onion Page A Day – not bad, but not as good as Kane Citizen’s Daily Show from last year. Did they make one this year? I didn’t see it, and grabbed The Onion instead. That’s at work. B-

Turtle a month – beautiful, but they seem too similar year to year. This old standby needs some more pep. Two-headed turtles or something. B+

*Pseudonym alert?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

um, at work, i have pages printed off from ical hanging right in front of me, i suppose i could be more creative. i also have the siu saluki mens basketball schedule in my cube, does that sort of count?

at home, i have nothing really. i have the calendar from church sitting on my dryer, last years version sat on the fridge ALL year. if i really need a calendar at home i use ical, which contains my life ... i set it up to sync up with the calendar feature on my ipod, so i have that where ever i go.

so what does that say about me.

Get A Life! said...

The basketball schedule most certainly counts! I would know to get you a sports calendar!