Monday, January 08, 2007

Dream Closet

Score!

One of my best purchases ever!

Bought the jacket long before the shoes,

and then found the shoes for $10!

Everyone raved! Way cool.



As a reader so kindly pointed out, my life would be so much easier if I simplified my wardrobe. I agree, but the urge to accessorize is pathological with me. Yes, mix and match with a few basics would save so much time, thought, and money; but as my new buddy Monk has found, some of these OCD habits are extremely hard to break.

Saw this book today about
dressing sexy for every body shape or something, by some guy who dresses all these celebrities. At the end was this Dream Closet check list. Things like black wool pants, fitted white blouse, etc. All essentials needed for a good wardrobe. Then I get to the shoe part. He had two shoes. What? Go through life on two pairs of shoes? What was dreamy about that? He must have meant buy two dream pairs of shoes, like some Jimmy Choo boots and Manalos or something. Two pairs? I took that to work today! (Boots for outside, although it didn’t snow, I was wearing a skirt so they were warm, and leather pumps for indoors). Yep. I can’t leave the house on under two pair. I was asked last week how many I had. I’m not sure, I admitted. I stopped counting at a hundred. I think it’s 120.

As for Johnny Cash, it’s great to make a statement. Can I help it if mine changes hourly?

No comments: