Tuesday, January 16, 2007

More Than a Buck

Since I've been so busy doing the 'happy dance' in my not-winter-weight jackets, I guess I didn't post about this little freak of nature that should give us all pause.

See, we just broke a record here in Chicago for most consecutive winter days without measurable snowfall. Heck, I can remember quite a few years when it snowed plenty of OTHER times than just 'winter'. We went like 40 some days between our big Dec 1 snow storm and yesterday's storm. Makes me love all the environmental damage causing global warming so I can bask in its unseasonable warmth. Heck, think I'll go idle my car some more...
Anyhoo...You know Blinky? The three-eyed fish from the Simpsons? He's so cute! But would I eat him? No way! However, a
guy in Fond du Lac Wisconsin doesn't seem to have a problem with it. What with Chronic Wasting Disease and West Nile Virus, he's not going to let a little thing like seven legs or dual sex organs keep him from a good venison dinner.



Seems he hit the deer in his own driveway while driving his truck. Upon examination:

... he noticed three- to four-inch appendages growing from the rear legs and later found a smaller appendage growing from one of the front legs.

“It’s a pretty weird deer. It kind of gives you the creeps when you look at it,” said Lisko, who described the extra legs as looking like “crab pinchers.”

The appendages were moving when he first saw them, Lisko said.

“They were actually functional,” he said.

"And by the way, I did eat it," Lisko said. "It was tasty."

No comments: