Sunday, March 12, 2006

Under the Influence of Incense


So I’m getting ready to wear my way cool hippie shirt bought in Key West when tragedy strikes. It’s a reversible tie top to wear over a shell, and I decided to wear the teal-colored side out in honor of St. Patrick’s month. Now, I could care less about a bunch of drunken Irish, but the opportunity to wear my favorite color is not something to pass up. Like gemstones, I’ve never met a shade of green (whoa, Freudian slip, I just typed greed…) I didn’t like. So I needed to steam the wrinkles out of the silk before wearing. During this process I noticed a flaw in the sewing. On one side of the shoulder was a seam or small length of stitching that did not belong. Not a dart; it did not appear on the other side or other shoulder. It was a mistake. Either the stitches hide a flaw in the material, or an error was made during the sewing process. Great. Some eight-year-old in Sri Lanka wanted to avoid a beating and I have to suffer for it! Doesn’t anybody take pride in their work anymore?

No comments: