Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Lifestyles of the Rich and Blogging

Getting ready for the big trek pilgrimage to see Jen and Wendy, the blogging authors I mentioned earlier. Agonizing over what to wear, as Jen has pages of her site devoted to chewing up celebrities who violate her fashion sense. MUCH snarkier than any What to Wear or Joan Rivers tirade, so I’m understandably nervous. Should I dress up? Down? Conservative? Funky? What will make her snicker the least? The last thing I need is her refusal to check out my site because anyone who would wear THAT can’t possibly have anything funny/profound to say.

As someone who is never seen in the same outfit twice (ask my co-workers, I’ve been there almost ten years) there’s bound to be some missteps along the way. Learn and move on, that’s my motto. But that’s work. Not celebrity stalking. Can’t gush about being her number one fan in mismatched accessories.

Mr. Right suggested my Key West Outfit. He would love to hear what Jen thinks of that. That’s the one where I later found the flaw caused by some careless child laborer who couldn’t sew a decent seam for fourteen hours straight and now I’m stuck with an imperfect top. Mr. Right hates this outfit, as it doesn’t ‘match’. This is the man who sees nothing wrong with two unrelated couches in our living room. Yeah, I’m going to take his advice. The man is a software tester. His idea of high fashion is a new pocket protector. Does this USB drive make my butt look big?

The KW top and skirt are silk and of similar colors*, but not patterns. It’s kind of a boho gypsy-type outfit. It’s not supposed to match, and for me this was a leap of faith purchase, as I’m not usually drawn to such ‘cutting edge’ type frippery. But I do “do” weird, and, well, there was a lot of incense and funky music…

Now Wendy, Wendy will be nice. Bet she’s sweet and kind to me. Then she’ll tell me to keep moving, she has real fans to meet. Later, she will stage whisper to Jen, “The nerve of her, using a coupon for my book…”

In totally unrelated news – a friend at work told me she did some pet-sitting last week, and among her charges were two turtles, Sam and Ella. Get it? SAMANDELLA? Too precious!!

*Found the cutest pair of Candie’s to go with them today and had a $30 coupon so they only cost me $5.34 with tax!! Score!

No comments: