Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Can I Get a Fitness?


Just stewing about the fact that Mr. Right probably lost 7-10 lbs. with his little flu encounter while here I am struggling to fit in my jeans. With shorts season around the corner, I had best knock of the Dorito-fest and ice cream orgy. How depressing. I recently bought one of those Fitness Balls to help me tone up. I don’t get it. I’ve been working with the Fitness Ball for six weeks now, and haven’t seen any results…

Day 1

Have to have the Fitness Ball. It’s the hottest new workout trend.
It will help build and tone my core muscles! Think about it during the entire banana split.

Day 2

Saw a Fitness Ball at the store. Knew I could do better than that on price.
Notice chocolate is on sale and buy a bag. What a value!

Day 17

Still pricing Fitness Balls, closing in on a good one, I just know it.
It’s either the red one by the Burger King or the purple one behind Culver’s. One of those.

Day 28

Find a cheap Fitness Ball in just my size! (extra short) No video with it, just the ball and a pump. I’ll buy the video separately. The ones that come with aren’t any good anyhow.

Day 29

Discover no one sells workout videos for the Fitness Ball. What’s up with that?
Complain about this to Louise over brunch at the all-you-can eat dessert buffet.
Oh, I think there were some eggs and bacon there too.

Day 35

Find a video AND have a coupon for it! I’m in business now!
So happy, I buy a Slurpee™ on the way home.

Day 36

Become very exhausted by using that stupid little foot pump to inflate said Fitness Ball.
Only left leg is toned. And sore. Take nap.

Day 37

Put in video.
Seems to be divided into segments of warm up, cool down, various workouts, etc. Nice!

****

Give up in heap of agony 12 minutes into the program. I’m not even sure if that was the ‘warm up’ section or not, might just have been a ‘demonstration’ section.

Day 38

Too. Sore. To. Move.

Day 39

Between aspirin, move ball to various places in living room so husband can walk past.

Day 40

Leave ball in front of TV on the theory that I can do a few sit-ups or push-ups during the commercial breaks.

Day 42

Name ball Bouncy to personalize the workout experience, as in,
“Honey, could you move Bouncy? I can’t see the TV.”

Day 43

Banish Bouncy to the basement where it can keep the Step™, Nordic-Trac™, Ab-Buster™ and tiny trampoline company.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Boy! Do you have THAT down pat! If I really believed that you weren't going to fit into those (what are they, Size 2? 0?) Shorts in a month or two, I'd relax. As it stands, I know that you're going to make me look like your Fat Wisconsin Cousin next time we go Roller Blading..... Can I say you looked a little "chunky" in that PFD when we were kayaking???? Muscle is heavier than fat EVERY DAY!!!! Sorry, got a little carried away. Wish we lived closer so we could cheer each other on (or at least catch the same sales on Chocolate!) Keep up the good work! Louise.