Monday, February 04, 2008

What Recession?

It's my birthday month as well, and the first card I received was from Macy's. (Beg for me, evil conglomerate, beg!) My friend Louise also has a February birthday, and we get all the same discount offers for various stores and restaurants that are smart enough to have a Birthday Club of some sort.

So drive an hour down to the worst traffic jam in the county on a Saturday afternoon so we can marvel at all the other idiots that did the same. Recession? What recession? They installed two more traffic lights while we were waiting for a left turn signal by the SuperTarget.

I can just see the marketing department of DSW:

"Hey, here's somebody having a birthday who should be socking away some money for their golden years. Let's send her a $5 off coupon!! No WAY can she leave with less than two pairs of shoes and a purse! Bwh-ha-ha-ha-ha!"

As for what I really want for my birthday? Botox.


No comments: