Thursday, February 28, 2008

Snow Wonder I'm Cranky

Oh, let's see...

We've had so much snow here, the our Governor and Senators are trying to get our county declared federal disaster site.

Oil set a record high of $102 a barrel at close today, sure to drive gas prices to $4 a gallon any second now.

So... if summer ever does show up (I'm not holding my breath) I won't be able to go anywhere in my gas-guzzling convertible anyway. I'm going to die broke and starving by the side of the road, pushing as many pairs of shoes as I can fit into my stolen shopping cart from homeless shelter to homeless shelter.

Looks like I'm going to have to get a part-time job, and I'm not thrilled about it. My whole long-term financial plan revolves around being killed while shopping, something that's becoming more and more of a certainty...

WAUKEGAN, Ill. - An explosion possibly caused by a gas leak ripped through a suburban Chicago shopping plaza Thursday, injuring at least eight people and rattling nearby buildings, fire officials said.

No comments: