Sunday, February 24, 2008

Red Fish, Blue Fish, Three Fish, New Fish


Saw Super* the Betta at the pet store and just had to buy him. He’s a Crown Betta as evidenced by his deeply frilled fins. He’s quite gorgeous, but I’m worried about his health. I’ve never had a Betta that was so skittish. Is it something to do with the Crown distinction? Instead of laid-back like my other fish, Super is jumpy and seems terrified anytime I come near his bowl. I thought some fake plants might give him a hiding spot or invoke privacy, but he just darts around wildly every time I try to feed him. I’m really worried he’ll get hurt by jumping out of a bowl or scratching himself against a plastic plant. Or even go into cardiac arrest just because I want to clean his tank. He shows no signs of settling in, and it’s been a month. Any suggestions, fish lovers?

Also, don’t forget to take my poll on the side bar, readers!

*named for Super Bowl Sunday, the next big sporting event after his purchase. He joins Indy and Daytona.

No comments: