Monday, July 30, 2007

Veni, Vedi, Visa

We came. We saw. We bought it all!

That pretty much sums up my shopping trip to Kenosha with Louise...

She's the only person who can shop (or whatever activities we have planned for that day) from sun up to well past sun down.

To start the day, we toured the Jelly Belly factory! It's a great FREE tour, and I recommend it to anyone coming through the area. Well, that is, if you don't mind spending 45 minutes with with two to three dozen over-sugared kids. I sucked it up in the name of 'discount confectionery' and lived to tell about it, so you can too.

Photo Cannot Be Displayed
(I was supposed to get a picture from Louise to put here...Ahem?)

So you get a paper hat and sit on a dorky train and scoot around their warehouse, and then...Exit Through The Gift Shop!!! (The only motivation for most things in my life. Now I understand why Bridezillas go through all that wedding crap - they get to exit through the gift shop in a manner of speaking. Also, same deal if you have a good divorce lawyer.)

In the store area, they have bags of "Belly Flops" - assorted Jelly Bellys that are seconds and sold at a great discount. Yep. I paid $8 for floor-sweepins.

Really, they had some cool stuff, including the gross Harry Potter beans and T-Shirts, etc. Stocked up on a lot of sweet treats to share at work.
Then we zipped over to the outdoor outlet mall for a beautiful summer day of...Shopping!!! Ok, so it wasn't hiking by a mountain stream. The forecast that day was for rain, so just a nice bonus that we didn't get wet, ok?
How much money that Prime Outlets mall lost by closing at the ridiculously early hour of nine p.m. will never be known, but I'm sure it was significant. Honestly, when they tally up our receipts, they will name a special sale day after us.
I hope they at least invite us to the ribbon-cutting ceremony when they install that NEW RESTROOM FACILITY we demanded at the southeast end of the mall via 'comment card' .
I swear, the place was humongous and in serious need of more bathrooms. You can advertise 157 shops all you want, but two bathrooms? I don't think so!
Time spent walking back to your non-existent food court (three lousy food booths? Who are you kidding? I wanted a water and a pretzel to keep my stamina up, is that too much to ask?) is time not spent spending $$$$!

1 comment:

Lady Zeuss said...

Photos. coming. soon......