Monday, July 30, 2007

I've Been Reading

Look me in the Eye
by John Elder Robinson

Yes, another "boo-hoo I was abused" memoir. But this one is excellent. Because there is no boo-hooing, among other reasons.

You may know Robinson's brother Augusten Burroughs, author of Running With Scissors. I thought many of the stories in that book were 'enhanced', but the bottom line, of course, was the abuse.

Augusten encouraged his brother to write of his upbringing and view of the world as a person with asperger's. The result is a wonderfully honest look at how Robinson copes with a world that just doesn't get him. Wow, that sure hits close to home! I give this an A.

How to Talk to a Widower
by Jonathan Tropper

How can this guy get any better? Yet book after book, he does!

Great writing, awesome characters, sharp and funny yet scenes of real life. Highly recommended. A.

1 comment:

John Robison said...

I'm glad you enjoyed my book.

best wishes
John Elder Robison