Monday, July 30, 2007

Blog Days of Summer





Ok, so it’s been more like the no-blog days. But I must enjoy every jacket-free moment to its fullest! And with only a desk top and dial up, there’s no sitting beneath a shady tree to blog to my little heart’s content. So to recap the last few weeks: I went with Al to Chicago, to Kenosha with Louise and to Galena with the Vette. Well, Al was there too. And I never got quite to downtown Galena, but the area we did see and the drive there was very scenic.


Went to Chicago’s Lincoln Park Zoo for a great day of free fun! Yes, FREE! No admission charge at this zoo, the way it should be for ALL the museums of Chicago. I don’t mind paying an entrance fee, but when I do, I feel entitled to touch Sue the dinosaur and feed the sharks at the Shed for those prices, ok? Anyhoo…

Here are some of the pictures from the zoo. Meerkats actually pose for them! If only I could have gotten the tiger to do the same! Doesn’t the one with the giraffe just say it all about development? Poor thing. I know just how she feels.


No comments: