Monday, November 06, 2006

Spooky Savings!

Caramel Reese’s Peanut Butter cups – was $4.24, now $1.06
Indian Corn – was 1.68, now .42*
Fake Barbed Wire – was 1.94, now .42
Paper Lantern – was 1.00, now .25
Pumpkin that lights up, w/batteries – was 2.94, now .73
Spider Napkin Large – was 1.24, now .31
Smarties candy – was 2.00, now .50
Votive Holder w/Owls – was 1.00, now .25
M&M Fun Size bags – was $4.24, now $1.06
Snickers Fun Size – was $4.24, now $1.06
Spider Napkin small – was 1.24, now .31
Spider Plate– was 1.24, now .31
Tombstone that lights up, w/batteries – was 3.76, now .94
PLUS a gallon of milk $2.49
_________________________________
Equals being really popular at work, making Al happy (liked M&M’s), and all geared up for next Halloween for only $10.49 including tax!
Pretty good for “I just need a gallon of milk”! Score!!

*all they had was the brown. I like yellow better. But hey, forty-two cents.


Ok, so I like to seek out bargains and save a few bucks. But I will tell you one thing, I’ll never do the ‘doc in a box’ thing again.
Went to my local 24 hour super store and got an eye exam because it was $20 cheaper than any place else. First off, I didn’t like the fact that the only frames they had to pick from were also horribly cheap. Oh well, I wanted to try contacts, so no biggie. Now the whole theory behind going to the local MegloMart is to get extended convenient hours of operation and low, low prices. I just saw a cartoon recently where it shows people at a cocktail party. One couple and one woman are ‘normal size’, holding little martini glasses. Beside the woman is a giant man, head and shoulders out of the frame. Caption: I met him at Costco. I thought it funny.

So I was having problems with the right contact and called for an appointment. A woman whose first language wasn’t English answered. (Or second, or third… ) She asked if she could put me on hold. Sure. Minutes passed. I hung up.

Next day I get the same woman. She says she is with a customer, can she take a number and call back? Yes. Hours pass. I go home from work.

Next day I find the message. She did try to call back. I call again. She can’t find my chart. Who cares, I finally say, after spelling my name for the fourth time and waiting while she rifles note cards. (They’re too cheap for full-size file folders or computer entry) Insists I must see the same doctor. She continues to search as if I had just dropped my contact lens in a parking lot of broken glass. Wait! No, maybe… over here…

I thought the whole point of this was seeing Dr. Du Jour! So she uses the high-tech method of asking me when I last came in and starts flipping backwards through the desk calendar to see who was on duty that day.

Right before I’m about to scream,
Kane Citizen puts a posty note on my desk that says “The blind treating the blind”.

Thank God for friends!

Hate to admit it, but I’m going back there tomorrow night for a flu shot. I mean, if I’m optimistic enough to go vote…

After you lick my bad eye, perhaps we can go for a walk?

No comments: