Sunday, November 19, 2006

Allie-Cat

Well, if they can do it, so can I.
All I need is a small-business loan to pay for saliva screening at the local shelter,
and I’m on my way!


I love my little dander-kitty Croesus, but he can’t live inside the house as Al and I are allergic to cats. Al is deadly allergic, his eyes swell shut. (Which leads to my favorite threat during an argument: Don’t piss me off. I’ll let the cat sleep on you pillow while you’re at work) I just get puffy eyes and sneeze, which I’d put up with if possible. To the rescue comes Allerca, a San Diego company that breeds felines with less-than-average amounts of saliva proteins that trigger allergies in humans.


These cats are not genetically engineered and are tested before offered for sale. Worst part: you must agree to spay or neuter the pet. Oh, there’s a 15-month waiting list too. They even come with a one-year money back guarantee! This is really good; as a twelve-week-old kitty will set you back about four thousand dollars. That’s nothing to sneeze at.

No comments: