Tuesday, May 23, 2006

It's My Blog and I'll Rant if I Want to...


My Space. Not the School District's Big Brother connection.

Seems Lake Community wants to
hold students accountable for what they post on the web. Sorry, I don't agree. As a former seventh grader who meant every word doodled on my Trapper Keeper (Hey, Susie Smith was a slut. And Aerosmith rocked!) I just don't agree with all the witch hunts to head off the next Columbine. Here's Tribune reporter Eric Zorn's take, with which I agree.

I can't wait until the 'pledge' doesn't apply to the captain of the football team because, darn it, we need him for Friday night's playoff game.

2 comments:

KaneCitizen said...

The old people of the world had better get with the program. Check out this story about how teenagers in the UK have adapted the high-pitched "teen-repellent" noise (they call it "Teen Buzz") for use as ringtones on their cell phones.

Get A Life! said...

The Geek shall inherit the Earth!