Sunday, May 14, 2006

Get A Globe!!



Aruba, Jamaica, ooo I wanna take you
To Bermuda, Bahamas come on pretty mama
Key Largo, Montego baby why don’t we go
Ooo I wanna take you down to Kokomo…


Here’s another appalling report regarding the stupidity of Americans… seems only 37% of young adults ages 18 to 24 could identify Iraq on a map of the middle east. (A whopping 69% could find China…) It’s downright amazing any of them find your house with a pizza, isn’t it?

“Despite intensive media coverage of the damage from Hurricane Katrina, nearly
one-third of young Americans recently polled could not locate Louisiana on a map
and nearly half were unable to identify Mississippi.”


And better yet:

“While the outsourcing of jobs to India has been a major U.S. business story, 47
percent could not find the Indian subcontinent on a map of Asia.”


What I don’t get is why are armed forces recruitments down? (I know, let’s blame Cindy Sheehan!) It’s not like these young people know where the heck they are being shipped out to!

My New Career!!
I think the Bush Administration should pay me two million a year to circulate this map (above) to increase volunteer enrollment. All I have to promise them is lots of sun and sand…

1 comment:

knibilnats said...

wow, most americans located eritrea correctly. that's pretty impressive!