Monday, January 16, 2006

Why Rush? I've got another 23 Hours to get started

Make New Friends!


I guess we always admire those with qualities we lack in ourselves – I mean, what other explanation can I offer for Mr. Right’s fascination with the TV show 24?

Does Jack Bauer have time to be a Procrastinating Perfectionist? Of course not. He needs to make lightening-quick decisions based on scant evidence in the blink of an eye. Which also begs the question: is the book Blink on the best seller list because people buy it with out thinking about it? Or because it’s good?

Anyhoo, while he’s wasting precious study time watching TV, I snuck in here to do a quick post. I’m too tired to get into the whole Million Little Pieces thing, but I promise to address it soon.

Saw a ‘statistic’ today that I just can’t believe. It said that over 80% of dual income households use some form of cleaning services. I find that impossible to believe because A) many homes with two working adults aren’t doing it to turn around and spend the money on a maid service and B) it was a book on how to start your own cleaning business.

There was also a book on starting your own coin-operated laundry. This is a dream I’ve always wanted to pursue! I’d call it “Happy Laundry – The only thing we agitate is your wash!”.


There’d be little faces printed on the machines and a real fun atmosphere. Monday night would be family night, with movies for the kids and free balloons. And lots of pinball machines – Heck, mom has some quarters, doesn’t she? Tuesdays could be Singles Night. I’d dub it Suds and Studs and have a Ladies Wash their Unmentionables Free promotion or something…Or I could call it Unmatched Sock night! Wednesdays could feature Lint Sculpture Contests and Funniest Thing in a Pocket. Maybe I could even get a liquor license for Saturday night Suds n’ more Suds mixers. Sunday could be AA night where your meeting token gets you a free dry or something…. It could be huge. I just know it!

No comments: