Sunday, January 22, 2006

Blizzard Blog


Just when we forgot it was January with a string of 50 degree days, a snowstorm dumped a little over seven inches of snow by us. Fortunately, my new snow tires worked well and I wasn’t out in the worst of it. Didn’t go skiing, but did read a book, watch some DVDs and listened to a few CDs.


Books

The Dead Connection by Charlie Price was good, should appeal to the YA crowd and could definitely be used in a classroom to demonstrate point of view and shifting narratives. Not the greatest, but OK.

Just started Stiff by Mary Roach and so far, I love it.

CDs

Have a Nice Day by Bon Jovi: I didn’t. From the sound of it, netiher did they. I would like my $9.98 back. Not a good effort.

Nickelback: All the Right Reasons – Awesome!!!! Perhaps their best effort. Mr. Right and I both gave this high marks. Great energy. Do not want my nickel back on this one.

DVDs

Watched more of Arrested Development, Season One collection. Loved the line where the mother announces she wants to throw herself a lavish birthday party and Michael says, “Who doesn’t love a bicentennial?” I love how honest this family is with each other – while being dishonest. Incredible writing, excellent actors.

Audioslave Live in Cuba

Love the band, but do check out the documentary portion if you get the chance, very enlightening. Mr. Right and I both agree trade should be opened with Cuba, the cold war is so over (but not McCarthyism, sadly). The only thing I would have liked to see is the band getting to meet Castro. Now that would have been cool.

2 comments:

KaneCitizen said...

Hurray for free trade with Cuba! (Or, Cuba Libre Trade.

The way to discourage communism in a society is not by withholding capitalism from it. Speaking of Cato...

rockstarbabu said...

hi every body this is really very nice blog every articles in this blog very important for every one thanks for share it .
--------------
Yes that is a nice idea but have you ever thought of going up to the biggest guy on the subway and telling him your thoughts on this. The wow gold--wow goldI wonder what he might do, or would you even do it.