Monday, January 02, 2006

Blogbert


I’m adding a new link to the blogroll, the
Dilbert Blog. Creator Scott Adams is one of the funniest and most intelligent guys writing today, be it his blog, books or comic strip. I love Dogbert, in case you couldn't tell. Some of his recent posts invite debate about torture, (Would you resist torture at any cost, even if it meant the loss of NYC?) good works, (Who is holier, Mother Teresa or Bill Gates) and religion (If Santa Claus fought Jesus, who would win?). The responses get pretty wild of course, and Adams is always above the fray. Despite reader’s misguided attempts to discern his standing on an issue, Adams just does the questioning. Why doesn’t he run for some office? As Catbert would say, Purr, Purr.

While we’re mentioning great blogs and comic strips - (Notice how the two go together? I need to dust off that Emergency Waitress graphic novel I started…) Another site to try is
OverdueMedia. Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum have created a wonderful strip about a public library. I’ve met them and am impressed by their decision to give their strip away to subscribers. I am featuring their daily strip here and hope you will support them by visiting their site and purchasing licenced merchandise. They are financed by book and merchandise sales, both of which I heartily endorse! All three books are great, and my Mad About Reading Cow T-Shirt is a real hit at the health club. Do check them out!

This all just begs the question: If Dewey took on Dilbert at Tetris, who would win?

1 comment:

Sylvie said...

Dewey would win, hands down.