Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Suck it up, Soldier!



Now comes word that my cute little Cars collectibles have dangerous lead paint on them - from China!! Not like I was going to open the packaging and lick any, but still.

The chairman of Mattel is saying they will 'test every batch of toys'.

Why? Why is the burden on us? If you own stock in Mattel, tell them this is NOT ACCEPTABLE. Gosh, I've got an idea - why not pull the contract from China? Hire some US of A workers to make toys that are slightly more expensive for American kids? Maybe there's a reason it's called the Forbidden City.

My Senator is on TV saying basically the same thing - test items from China. NO!! Stop allowing Chinese products into the country!! Oh, wait. Big business owns Mattel. Not to mention my Senator. Never mind. You'd think I'd ingested some lead or something. I forget.

China wants entry back into our market?
Sure, as long as we are the sole suppliers for the following toys to them. (Hint: We're giving the bid to Wal-Mart)

Chinese Checkers
Kites
Dominos
Mahjong
Tea Sets


Should this little tidbit be of any surprise to my loyal Maytag-hating readers?


China is trying to buy companies with strong global brands. Chinese appliance maker Haier was rebuffed in 2005 when it tried to acquire Maytag, which fell into the arms of Whirlpool.


Maytag sucks! So does China. Amazed that fell through.

3 comments:

KaneCitizen said...

I can't believe you're so set against something with such potential to thin out the population a little bit.

Get A Life! said...

Oooohhhhh. Got me there.

Anonymous said...

If these were made in the USA remember that they are cars and that means the UAW would have to get involved so the $5.00 each price tag would undoubtedly go up to $500.00 each and thats against your spending contract clause :)
mm