Monday, August 06, 2007

Look For the Union Label

AP) CHICAGO Do bloggers need their own Norma Rae?

In a move that might make some people scratch their heads, a loosely formed coalition of left-leaning bloggers are trying to band together to form a labor union they hope will help them receive health insurance, conduct collective bargaining or even set professional standards.

Look for the union label
when you are surfing to read 'bout a coat, dress or blouse.

Remember somewhere our union's typing,
our rages trying to inform the kids, and run the house.

We work hard, but who's complaining?
Thanks to the Blogosphere we're saying it our way!

So always look for the union label,
it says we're able to post it in the U.S.A.!

1 comment:

Lady Zeuss said...

Okay, Been in the union -- part time job.... Had to pay what was an outrageous $17 per month (compared to my actual take home pay). Did not qualify for insurance because of the number of hours I spent on the job. It was not that I didn't WANT to work 40 hours per week~~ I was working the hours I was ALLOWED to work -- part time is part time, you know. It was at a time I wanted to get a full time position, so when a position in data entry opened up, I went straight to the top and voiced my desire to apply for the job, including the proof that I was qualified. I was turned down flat, something about the position being held for a male of our species who apparently would be paid more, but was not necessarily better qualified. I went to the Union to complain. The overly solicitous Union Steward heard me out earnestly, and in a day or so came back to me with the report that there definitely wasn't any discrimination involved; I was just S.O.L.
Now, tell me again WHY Bloggers need a Union?