Monday, December 11, 2006

Maytag Sucks III

How does Maytag suck? Let me count the ways…
President of Maytag, ignoring my calls
Just to bring you up to speed on the whole sordid mess, I still have a growing pile of unwashed laundry. For fun, I typed Maytag Sucks into Google in the hopes of finding other disgruntled bloggers like myself. I did. Oh, I did.

Turns out, not only have hundreds of other people had the exact same problem with their exact same washers, but that there is a class-action lawsuit against Maytag regarding the flaw. But of course, we don’t qualify, say Maytag. Our warranty is up and we didn’t file with the lawsuit before 2005. Sorry, Maytag. You haven’t heard the last from me. You have a product with a known flaw and despite there ‘not being a recall’, you have been found liable in a court of law. I just love the low regard you have for your formerly good standing in the industry and total disregard for your customers. I’m sure your CEO just got another hefty bonus and doesn’t do any laundry himself, so what does he care? How many clothes do you need anyway on your own private island? Grrr…

So I decided to call Home Depot, where I bought the machine. That’s when I ran into Clayton. Now, I don’t know for sure that Clayton is a divorced alcoholic in his late forties that lives with his mother, but let’s just call it a hunch, OK? And let’s just note that the scathing letter to Maytag will be followed by one to the Home Depot headquarters detailing exactly how thrilled I was with Clayton’s helpfulness. Clayton’s manager was much more agreeable, and said he would try to help, but reported getting ‘an attitude’ from Maytag as well. At least he tried.

Al found a seller on eBay selling a fix-it kit for the problem. Gee, think it’s pretty prevalent if you can make a living off of auctioning off replacement parts? So that’s where we are at: holding a letter from Maytag that says the washer is out of warranty and our responsibility, and awaiting an eBay auction item that may or may not fix the problem.

Al went to his Mom’s and did three loads of laundry. Mine is still awaiting the return of the Neptune. Should have named it the Pluto.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you get your Neptune up and running? If not, try www.neptunewaxmotor.com. Maybe he can help you.

Get A Life! said...

Thanks so much, everyone! We bought a new wax motor on eBay and Al was able to fix it! BUT... now our Hoover vacuum broke and guess what? Hoover is now a division of Maytag!!!

Grrr. Watch for more Maytag Sucks posts coming soon!!