Thursday, December 21, 2006

But Wait, There's More!

Oh, my God!!!

Remind me again about what people did BI? (Before Internet) Specifically BYT?

I mean, if I don't have a life now, what was I doing back in the day? Honestly, I have this friend who doesn't have a computer at all. No connection whatsoever. I asked her: how do you ever expect your teenage daughter to meet 45-year-old sex offenders? Really now. Shouldn't I call Child Services?

More importantly, shouldn't I get a video camera? I mean, if this gets play...

I just keep thinking about how my life would be so different today if I had accessed the internet as tween. The Feds would have busted down our door, and my mother would still be trying to get me released from Gitanamo...

They would have passed a law to protect the pedophiles from me...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

was there anyone in the town you grew up who wasn't a pedophile?

Anonymous said...

I think they had a different name for pedaphiles back then. Actually, kids were so savvy and physically fit back then, priests were the only people who could take advantage of a 50-60s youngster....

Anonymous said...

I disagree with anonymous as any relative could take advantage of a 50s-60s youngster or any youngster for that matter and not just a "priest". Kids have been "survivors" for a long time, its just that in todays society we are more made aware of it because of the easy access to media as compared to the sheltered lives of long ago.