Sunday, October 29, 2006

One Nice Day Must Be Enjoyed


Hey, sorry I haven’t written, turned out to be a busier few days than I expected. First off, I got called to become “Emergency Waitress”. I know how hard it is when a restaurant is short handed so I don’t mind occasionally being called to lend a hand. Problem is, I’m no great waitress. Don’t give me more than two tables at once, or, well, this could happen:

Table #1: Miss, could we have some Ketchup?
Table #2: I need cream for this
coffee – don’t you have real cream?
Table #3: (raising glass and waggling it) Scotch, on the rocks, tall glass…
Other waitress: Your food is up! They’re
yelling for you in the kitchen
Table #4: Can we have our check?
***Five Minutes Later***
Waitress 1: Why is Emergency Waitress lying on the dirty
tablecloths with a napkin over her head, weeping?
Waitress 2: I don’t know, but table five said they just got a large tomato juice with whip cream on top…and a bill for $89.97.


Al got our new scanner (thank you
Kane Citizen) hooked up, but there are some issues regarding how to use the device yet. So far I have been able to scan this picture in that should have accompanied my post “Grab a Hanky” as I could not find it on line. Here’s to hoping I can conquer the scanner soon and get back to writing my Vegas saga.

2 comments:

The dykes next door said...

When I was in high school, and when I was home during the summer while I was in college, I worked as a waitress in a truck stop every now and then (my mother was bookkeeper and general manager of all of her boss' properties, which included the truck stop, fried chicken place, dairy queen, etc.) It was there that I learned that even a 20% tip isn't enough for a good waiter/waitress. People have no idea how difficult being a waiter/waitress is! To the people who don't tip enough-or don't tip at all--you need to spend one day in that job, and you'll be so grateful that you don't have to do that for a living that you will be a top tipper from then on.

Anonymous said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you to TDND! You really made me laugh -- I know you laugh at yourself where the waitressing is concerned.... why don't you just do a comic strip about waitressing? I've spent way too many years waiting tables, and ridiculously, it could be the best money I ever made -- still considering giving it another go. Your little scene struck home. I end up being a very critical customer because of my waitressing experience. If a waiter/waitress is careless or the slightest bit rude, they can expect a penny from me. Even if they aren't good, if they are TRYING, they can expect no less than 20% and up from me. Silly, but true!