Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Exactly 299, 999, 900 Too Many

Hey, You, Get Offa My Continent...


And I want to hand-select that last hundred...

I suppose you've heard by now that America's "Population Clock" is nearing the 300 millionth person in our country.

Read all the depressing details here.

"Right now, the formula is one birth per seven seconds, one death per 13 seconds and one net increase in immigrants per 30 seconds. Because the number of deaths has to be subtracted from the number of births, immigration now accounts for about 40 percent of new growth."

Now if you've been reading this blog for any length of time, you know I favor negative population growth, cessation of immigration and a good ol' flu epidemic.
(Yay 1918! Only one-year decline in the 20th Century)

As far as I'm concerned, this planet has been going to hell in a handbasket ever since reptiles seceded control.

Excuse me, I have to crawl into my cave and be depressed now.

Oh, wait! It's been over run by babies, elderly living longer lives, and immigrants.

I am so hitchhiking to Pluto...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You might have some luck THERE! No one down here wants it, apparently. Let me know how things are -- I promise I won't tell anyone else!

Lady Zeuss said...

WHY, WHY, WHY are people not reacting to this news????? Back in the 60's and 70's, there was so much pressure on couples to adhere to a Zero Population Growth plan. I haven't heard a word about anything like that, and I hear about families with 4, 5, even up to 9 children all over the place! Financial ability has nothing to do with it -- people are having kids to go on welfare - yes, even the caucasion, so-called middle class ones. And the building, the industry, the garbage that is destroying our planet by the minute!!!!! Small hints should be noticed... My green, well-treed lawn skipped the heavy frost last week, while the yard next door, the one with no trees, was covered with the thick white stuff. Shall I go on?? I guess we need to become obnoxious to those who think breeding like rabbits is of no concern....