Thursday, October 26, 2006

Meanwhile, Back at the Blog

Sorry I have not written as of late. Tuesday I was all ready for some blogging and fell sound asleep on the couch! Oh, well. Best laid plans, yada, yada. Then Wednesday the system was down, so that killed that. Tonight I'm pretty tired as well. Eating too many carbs and it's way too cold. To cap all that off, this is the "time-change" weekend. I hate losing daylight. I'd rather drive to work in the dark. Just another reason to move to the equator. Most people just spend that extra hour sleeping anyway. Or complaining about the loss of an hour. I plan to put my bonus hour to good use - shopping.

Spent quite a bit of time this evening sorting my coupons. Call me an old lady (but I've been doing this since I can recall) all you want, I love clipping coupons and saving a few cents. Someone once told me coupons were bad because they could motivate you to buy stuff you don't need. Well now, that describes EVERY purchase I make, so what's the big whoop?

My goal in life is to have the store owe me money at the end of a transaction. The only sweeter thing than seeing a sign that says 'sale' is seeing a sign that says sale on something I also have a coupon for! Score!!

So I spent all kinds of time cleaning out the old expired coupons and replacing them with new ones. I clip far more than I ever use, but that's ok. I have five brands of laundry soap in the coupon folder. When I get to the store I'll just see what gives me the best deal.

Frankly, I'm surprised I ever married Mr. Right without a coupon being involved somehow.

"Look honey, "Make one vow, get the second half off!"

Perhaps we could create coupons for other real life situations?

North Korea...

"Launch one nuclear volley, receive two free"

George Bush

"Start two wars, get one exit strategy half off"

Condi Rice

"Good for your choice of rescuing twenty three thousand flood refugees or one pair designer shoes. "

Jerry Springer

"Present five broken chairs for two ratings points"

Ford Motor Company

"With proof of every thousand laid-off workers, earn one executive bonus"

I'll finish the Vegas story later.

No comments: