Monday, July 18, 2005

Foiled Again


Left to his own devices, things could get ugly


After years of tedious training, (Food needs refrigeration. Refrigerated items need covers.) the big payoff came last week. Mr. Right-After-I’m-Done-Eating cleaned up the kitchen and put all leftovers away sealed!!

Joy was brief in Mudville however, as I noted he used aluminum foil to cover the bowl of coleslaw. Do you know how expensive that is? I ranted.
Use the cling wrap! Tinfoil is only for items going in the oven.

I retold this story at work and received some surprising reactions. One person thought the way to go was plastic stackable containers, and agreed with my outrage over foil wrap. Another (a gourmet cook, no less) felt I was being way too picky and offered to buy me a roll of Reynolds Wrap the next time they were at the store.

I speculated that the reason Al gravitated towards the aluminum foil was because of its sheen. Perhaps I could use this to my advantage. The next time I have some bad news, I’ll tell him while holding the box of foil.

Honey, I wrecked the car today…

“You what!? What on earth happ...”

Rrrriiiip! (Wave foil in air with exaggerated motion.)

“Oooh. Shiny. You were saying?”

1 comment:

Unknown said...

re-sealable plastic containers are the thing to use in the onionboy household.