Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Mouse Potato?




Mr. Right just called me a Mouse Potato – someone who prefers to sit up all night in front of a computer rather than interact with real humans. Is this an actual slang term? Must be, I found images on Google. The more hours I spend blogging and surfing the net, the more I realize TV is for people without the fortitude to sweat out dial-up.

It's a Pink Shirt I'm never gonna wear!


Well, I guess the honeymoon is officially over. Mr. Right’s birthday is next week and I’m getting him a sexy and romantic leaf blower. With gutter cleaning attachment! Whee. No end to the thoughtfulness I put into a gift. Let’s face it, anything I pick he will hate. I can recall years ago how he would hold up a wrapped gift and guess exactly what was in the box. I mean he was annoyingly good at it.

Now I don’t even bother wrapping anything or removing the price tag. What’s the point? It will languish in a corner unused. Retractable hose reel, anyone? Scientific function/graphing calculator? Flight simulating computer software and joystick? The list goes on…

Or worse yet, become lost. Do you know how much Oakley sunglasses cost? I sure do. I bought him two pairs.

Anyhoo, I want him to have an extra special meal and birthday cake. For his own safety, I’ll take him out to dinner. He shouldn’t have to risk my cooking.


Imagine the household fun with a leaf blower!


No comments: