Tuesday, June 24, 2008

People for the Ethical Treatment of Automobiles

I really hesitate to use the terms 'smart' or 'admirable' to describe the celebrity Pamela Anderson, but how else can I describe an instance of reverse Auto Abuse? Shall I call it Auto Rescue?

"I've been working with PETA for 15 years," Anderson told The Associated Press. "They're kind of my ethical advisers. With them, I see actual results."

The 40-year-old actress recently held a private estate sale to benefit the animal organization, and she's planning to personally oversee the sale of her 2000 Viper, which she customized herself with white racing stripes. The car plays a prominent role in Anderson's forthcoming E! series, "Pam: Girl on the Loose," but she admitted it was dangerous for her to own such a high-performance vehicle.

"I'm a terrible driver," she said. "It's just not a good idea for me to have a Viper."

I'm no fan of PETA, but the thought that she wants to assist animals is of merit. Better still, she's acknowledging her driving limits, unlike almost every other celebrity on the planet. Knowing that a high-performance sports car now has the chance at a happily-ever-after makes me feel all warm inside. As if a ten-cylinder engine fueled with high-octane was ignited. Thanks, Pam.
Disaster averted!!

No comments: