Thursday, June 07, 2007

Testy Trivia


I listen to a local radio station every morning.

Martha hates this station, because they don't do any actual reporting, they just have a deal with a local newspaper to read off a headline or two, and half the time they can't even do that right. (And allow me to mention that this local paper they are quoting will go down in history as the Politically Correct Rag that created a headline telling everyone it was the anniversary of the dropping of the atomic bomb by the 'Enola Homosexual'.)

Anyhoo, they get the weather and traffic correct about 70% of the time, so I tune in. Each weekday they have a silly trivia question where they state some poll or statistic, and have listeners call in to win a prize. Today's question was, "What takes 25 minutes on average?"

Several callers guessed how long a piece of gum is chewed, or a phone call, etc.

The winner correctly guessed "How long an argument with your significant other lasts."

Twenty-five measly minutes? Are they nuts? What kind of amateurs were polled? Twenty-five minutes? I'm not even warmed up at that point. I haven't even made my point... and I do have one. And it's a doozy...

What about long, three-day silences? Do they count? I know they're the happiest days of Al's life.

1 comment:

#1 GAL, Dr. Ty! said...

Funny -- yea, at 30 minutes, I'm still at, "I'm not sure how to express this..." or "What's the best way to describe this..." or "Are you listening to me???"