Monday, June 18, 2007

I Demand a Recount!

See? Not funny.


Hey, kids! It’s time for another edition of “Well…(I never)!” the journal of righteous indignation.

The Oxygen network aired a special entitled: ’50 Funniest Women Alive’ this past weekend. What ranking did I get? None! Nada. Zip. Not even honorable mention!! Exactly who did the ‘voting’ here was never explained.

I agree with
JoAnne Weintraub of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel who noted some of the omissions were amazing:

Are the list-makers ignorant of Helen Hunt, Mary Tyler Moore, Valerie Harper, Betty White, Bea Arthur, Cloris Leachman, Carol Kane, Shelley Long, Penny Marshall, Julie Kavner, Jane Curtin, Nora Dunn, Jan Hooks, Ana Gasteyer, Cheri Oteri and Andrea Martin?



What are Janeane Garofalo, Jennifer Saunders, Sandra Bernhard, Kathy Najimy and Carrie Fisher - chopped liver?



So, at least I don’t have to lick my wounds alone. But the worst travesty of the whole two hours was giving Kelly Ripa #6!!!!!!!!!!





Are they nuts? Did she finance this whole show? She was the host! And she stunk!!! Do you mean to tell me someone genuinely funny could not be found? I hate that fake!! Or, as this blonde wrote, She is just a bad name to all blonde's out there. (sic)





I’m funnier during a root canal than she is on TV. Or real life. Or during a bomb scare. Or at a funeral…



I got screwed. And that’s not funny.





BTW: When is someone going to create a fansite for me? I mean, other than this one?

No comments: