Thursday, March 15, 2007

Maytag Sucks IV

I have about thirty thousand stories to tell, and between Mutinous Maytag appliances and evil motorists, it should take about six months of posting to catch up on the month or so I haven’t been keeping up.

First off, you may recall: Maytag SUCKS!!!

After ignoring our pleas to rectify the washer situation, Al fixed it himself for about $25 to avoid a $300 ‘professional’ repair bill. Next, the Hoover (division of Maytag) vacuum ceased to suck. Again, Al saved the day. Whew!

But when a friend called and asked if I had heard about the huge dishwasher recall, well, that was too much! Sure enough, a little research showed that our dishwasher was part of a massive recall due to electrical fires. Seems the little Jet-Dry liquid dispenser could leak gel onto wires, causing a house fire. Approximately 183 homes went up in smoke before company decided to admit perhaps there was problem. Likely they are suing the spotless rinse manufacturers as we speak, since it couldn’t be Maytag’s CRAPPY PRODUCT, now could it?

Anyhoo, I spent over 55 minutes on hold trying to reach them on their special recall line. Hung up. Tried again later. More hold. (Subliminal message behind hold music "Don't sue us when your house goes up in smoke" set to Great White's House of Broken Love) ZZZZZZ....


Made an appointment for the repair, and was told a new dishwasher door would be sent to my house. An authorized repairman would arrive to install it. I was told to disconnect the washer in the meantime. As someone who loves to turn either the washing machine or dishwasher on before walking out the door to work, it was very disconcerting to realize I was playing with electrical fire!

Ticking time bomb or no, I was very disgruntled at having to wash dishes by hand. For almost 14 years I did not have a dishwasher. Al’s first house was too small, and then we rented a farm house while building our current home. Like Scarlett O’Hara, I vowed to never hand-wash again.

So repair guy shows up, (thanks Mom and Dad, for being able to sit at my house all day and wait for fix-it dude) installs aforementioned door, but says something else is broke, and they need to order a new control panel as well.

Hmm. I think HE broke it while installing the door. Whatever, it’s covered. Except that it means another two weeks of paper plates whenever possible. Oh, and he refuses to take the old door away. Idiot.

Next, the computer decides to act up in a fit of electronic solidarity with its unreliable brethren. I spend almost two weeks without a connection due to the MacAfee Corporation; solet’s just add them to the “I May Need a Life, but Your Product Sucks” hall of fame.

So of course the only way this whole depressing failure known as my life could possibly get worse is by something happening to my car. Yep.

1 comment:

Jojo said...

http://toafk.blogspot.com/

My last 2 posts are about how bad Maytag sucks! Thought I would let you know that so many more share your pain!