Thursday, June 29, 2006

Judge Judy, Here I Come


Tomorrow at five p.m. is the official beginning of my yearly "vacation" with Mr. Right.

That's in quotes because nothing about the week that follows will in any way remotely resemble "relaxing" or "recreation". At least not for me.

Yep, it's the highest stress time of the whole year. You know the saying it's not over until the fat lady sings? Well, it's not over until I'm weeping into an atlas. Take my word for it.

In a spectacular feat of unprecedented procrastination (and we've had some pretty vague 'plans' in the past, some of which culminated in 'sleeping in car') we have NO plans. The arguments haven't even started in earnest.

Right now, if I had to pick, I'd put my money on "angry eleven mile drive to local courthouse for divorce".

Keep you posted...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

get out the darts and a map and start throwing.
Ps Its so nice that gas prices just happened to go up to 2.99 just before the holliday weekend. (kind of hard to drive with arm and leg missing)

Anonymous said...

Okay, so this is not going to do you any good THIS YEAR, but for next year....Decide on a place YOU want to go, get some guide books, and just PLAN a vacation. If he can't plan a vacation, HOW in the world can he argue about where YOU want to go? You DO know that not making any plans either puts you in a passive/aggressive situation and sets the stage for an argument, right? Or is that what you're aiming for???? What, make-up sex is great, or what????