Tuesday, April 25, 2006

On One Issue, I'm Not Alone...

Everything I need to know I learned from the Bible Ray Harryhausen
Nice to know I'm not the only one who thinks the Evil Oil Cartel who runs our nation must be stopped. Some even use the same fox-in-the-hen-house analogy that came to mind when I read that President Bush wants to investigate allegations of price gouging.

Oh, come on, the "if I launch an investigation I'll look like an innocent concerned leader" stuff went out in the 60s with the Warren commission. No, wait, there was that 9/11 commission...

So ol' Bushie is afraid he's lost a few opinion poll points, boo-hoo. Supposedly he's at his lowest approval rating level ever. I read a really scary thing in the Chicago Tribune today. They claim that about half of Americans endorse creationism. (Note to Self: Rant about that in a future post...) Hmmm. Less than half approve of his job performance, meaning he's losing his own fundamentalist backers. Just proves you still need to drive that SUV across town to bomb the abortion clinic.

There is no oil shortage, and I'm starting to get the sneaky feeling there is no Federal Oil Reserve either. The Strategic Oil Reserve was created as a cushion during energy disruptions. I mean, do you really think there's all this untouched "money" lying about? It's like Social Security. A great idea, but some crooked politicians took a little here, took a little there, and guess what? It doesn't even exist anymore. Bet there are only fumes in those salty barrels.

For my vacation, I'll wax up the Vette and drive it carefully to the end of the driveway and back. I really do like to think I'm having an impact on the economy by not planning big driving vacations the past two years. Take that, flooded out NOLA.

Want my approval Bushie? (I mean, firing Rumsfeld would be a start, but that's not going to happen.) Ninety- nine cents. Say it with me - High Octane Gas-O-Line for Ninety-Nine Cents a Gallon.

I am a performance car enthusiast, and I vote.

No comments: