Tuesday, September 27, 2005

An Even Butter Blog

It's not nice to (try and) fool Mr. Right


Tis a far, far butter thing I do…

It all started when I made some cookies. This is a bicentennial event, so I pulled out all the stops and actually bought the exact ingredient my friend the baker recommended: Land O’ Lakes margarine.

Well, the recipe called for a stick and a half…meaning I was stuck with half a stick of unused margarine. What to do? I know, I’ll put it here on the BUTTER dish. Why dirty up another little holder?

Despite any claims by Al to the contrary, this was not done with malicious intent. It was only done with the intention to store and use the margarine in an efficient manner.

Well, you’d have thought it was cyanide, the way he carried on….

This is the guy who wouldn’t notice if I got a crew cut and dyed the remaining hair blue.

The man who comes home from work to see a small aircraft protruding from the roof spewing smoke and asks if I’ve fed the dog yet. Forget who else might be in danger, did his precious pup eat? Did I remember a biscuit?

The hunter who can track a deer in the forest for eight miles, but can’t find the peanut butter in the pantry.

Oh, but Mr. Right After I Get Fitted for My Crown could tell I was pulling a fast one.

“Is this margarine?” he thundered. He was fit to be crowned, alright.

That he notices? That? Hellooo… the lights have been dimming since the third red notice from the electric company, but noooo….

I encourage re-butter-al in the comments section below…

2 comments:

Unknown said...

thanks mr. right for helping to put it all in perspective. obviously i had been too worried about the lack of food, water, and help people had been getting after the recent hurricanes. now i know, it's all about the milkfat.

Get A Life! said...

I suspect he's secretly lactose intolerant...