Sunday, December 18, 2005

Still Here (Kinda)


Hey everyone,

Sorry I haven’t posted sooner, but I wasn’t feeling so well this weekend… was it Germ Guy at Wal-Mart? Coughing Co-Worker? Or the fact that I put my bare hands on the shopping cart at the grocery store? At any rate, I would once again put forth the theory that it’s all a vast right-wing conspiracy to keep me weakened by denying our area flu shots for the second year in a row.

This year for little co-worker Christmas gag gifts I’m giving out these tiny tissue packets I found at a World Market store. They have little pictures of reindeer and snowmen printed on tissues wrapped in cellophane with the word “Sniff” on the front. Nothing says I Love Working With You, But Cover Your Mouth When You Sneeze like a personal packet of tissues. And since they’re from some foreign country that most likely lacks environmental or health standards, the dye used might “wipe” out a few sickies to boot…

Just when you thought I was going to be driving rice rockets forever, news from DaimlerChrysler (the Industry joke on the pronunciation of this name is, “the Chrysler is silent”) announces the resurrection of the Dodge Challenger. Slated for the 2006 auto show circuit, this car might make me brave Chicago’s winter and crowds at McCormick place for a glimpse of the latest 6.1 liter Hemi V8 to be mated to a six speed manual. (Yes, right now I’m exclaiming “I coulda hadda V8”, although MPG figures have yet to be estimated). One article notes that 45% of all vehicles offering the Hemi are sold with that engine. I wonder how the latest Challenger will stack up against its big brother the Charger I lusted after earlier this year? I for one was ready to purchase the Venom prototype that never came to showroom floors, but am encouraged by the thought of a flashy two door retro-mobile.

Ever wonder how much professional rivalry exists between
Calvin Nichols and Robert Sabuda? Enough to warrant an exacto knife to the eye? Paper cuts alone are lethal.

No comments: