Sunday, December 11, 2005

A Salt and Diehard


Each winter North American put 10 to 15 million tons of salt on their roads – 10% of all the salt in the world for all purposes combined”
Elizabeth Royte,
Ice

I am convinced the vast majority of this amount is accumulating on the frame and finish of my precious new arrival*. I’m afraid to park it in the driveway for fear the woodland creatures will come out of the forest to lick it. She hasn’t even gotten her first set of snow tires on yet, but she's been trudging through more snow than most Decembers are alloted. It’s not even the official first day of winter yet, and we’ve had record breaking cold and accumulating snows. I just don’t know how I will handle another three months of this. Yes, I’m flaking out.


* KaneCitizen asked if I had a baby monitor set up in my garage, and I had to admit he had a good idea there…

No comments: