Wednesday, December 21, 2005

So It Begins


Kong Premier Party





First day of winter. Blah. I don’t know how I will ever get through another three months of this. Seasonal Affectation Disorder is just another of my many charms. Another little observation: for someone who hates snow, I sure do love sweaters with snowflakes on them. This is right up there with the fact that I can’t swim, yet have seven bathing suits. Oh, well.

Keep hearing rave reviews about King Kong, but hesitate to see it, as I hate apes and monkeys, although I loved the (original) Planet of the Apes*.

What does Kong symbolize? Man’s desire to subjugate the Id? Can’t miss the metaphorical message of having the U.S. Military successfully kill anything that threatens tall buildings in New York, now can we? What of the helpless female? Suggestive of the desire to possess beautiful women no matter how inappropriate the relationship might be? Personally, I’m going to play the
race card on this one.

The real reason I don’t want to see King Kong is because he kills dinosaurs! These images will be far too disturbing for a herptophile like myself. As far as I’m concerned, the whole planet has been going downhill ever since mammals took over. Dinosaurs ruled for sixty million years and it’s taken man only about 40,000 to foul everything up. Peace on Earth Goodwill to Men? More like: Peace on Earth, No Men.

And who really did win the
King Kong-Godzilla war anyhoo?



*(Hey, there’s a sequel that really needed to be made, eh KaneCitizen?)

2 comments:

KaneCitizen said...

What of the helpless female? Suggestive of the desire to possess beautiful women no matter how inappropriate the relationship might be? Personally, I’m going to play the race card on this one.

I'm going with the former explanation rather than the latter.

Unknown said...

ugh, me ape, you ape, what inapproprateness?