Sunday, November 20, 2005

You Want Zoloft With That?

Check out commentary at: Lipmagazine.org


I frequent a local McDonald’s drive-thru with some co-workers for lunch. It’s more a chance to chat with friends than participate in gourmet cuisine, but I must admit those Happy Meal toys are pretty elaborate. Way cooler than anything I used to get as a kid. Nothing like thousands of dollars of media-tie in’s to drive your tyke’s dining choices.

If you’ve read or seen Morgan Spurlock’s Super Size Me, you are well aware of the dangers these meals posses. And most likely, like me, you really don’t care. His documentary is excellent and I really suggest you check out his website before ordering the next McRib. That said, I can’t help but contemplate why the clown doesn’t go after my demographic – the disaffected office worker suffering from nutritional apathy and career ennui. You know, a Despondent Meal. The toy prize could be a little cigarette two-pack reminding you how your company just cut health benefits yet again, so who cares?

No comments: