Sunday, November 20, 2005

Party Over


Just experienced the coolest November 17 in forty-six years, and I’m none too happy about it. After months of above-average temperatures the crash is hard to bear. It snowed lightly last week prompting county workers eager for a little extra Christmas cash to hit the highways in full force. Passed a huge snowplow on my way to work that spewed salt chunks the size of acorns all over my car’s precious new Nighthawk Black finish. (Remember, I’m just buying black cars until they make something darker.)

Had to wait until Saturday when it warmed sufficiently to wash the car thoroughly. Predictions for the holiday weekend are dismal, and as much as I may love shopping, you won’t catch me in a store on the day after Thanksgiving. Besides, holiday shopping is all about other people. Not much fun in that. I’ll just wait for the after Christmas sales, thank you.

No comments: