Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Will F-f-freeze for F-f-fifty Cents


This morning's forecast? Snow.*


But neither rain, nor sleet, nor gloom of night can keep me from free. Or BOGO. Or cents off.


Shivering, I ran from the nice front parking space I scored at the local Dunkin Donuts and dashed inside. "I don't care how cold it is," I declared, shaking out the collar of my shearling jacket.


"I want my fifty cent Iced Coffee," I said, presenting my coupon with a flourish.


The owner laughed while I tossed my head to remove some precipitation from my curls. "Cream and Splenda, with a low-fat muffin," I finished.


Sure, hot coffee would have tasted better. But the Iced offer was only good today. Take that, Mother Nature!!


Then I found out it was FREE last year. I've been clipped!!!


Damn you, Dunkin Donuts. You got me this time. We'll meet again in the coupon pages, mark my words.


*Yeah. April 21st. The Midwest sucks.

No comments: