Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Free at Last! Free at Last!


I have a dream, and it involves getting alot of freebies...

(Monday, Martin Luther King Jr. Day, not too terribly bright or early)

Me: I'd like my free coffee!!

DDV: Well, OK, I'll do it this time, but just to let you know, it's only from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. ....

Me: (Looking at very accurate car clock and seeing 6:56) Oh, uh, thank you...

Like what? You have an atomic clock in there? A timer set on the lead-encased For Free Coffee Only brewer that doesn't kick in until 6:59 to prevent evil early birds like myself? By the time I get to "window two" buddy, not only will it be after seven a.m., but the damn coffee will be cold.

On a plus side, this morning's offering was a real size 'small', not that teensy little sampler I got one day. I have overcome!

I was so happy I didn't even pull into that second McDonald's I pass on this route. Maybe next week.

Like it's my fault they put one every four blocks. I can see them radioing to each other over the little drive through headsets... It's that free broad again! Don't give her any more!!

Hey, I'm ecologically conscious. I'd be fine with just filling the first paper cup again....

No comments: